Home > SEO, Social Media > Pinterest Image Optimization, Using Pinterest for Brand Exposure

Pinterest Image Optimization, Using Pinterest for Brand Exposure

image optimization pinterest

Pinterest undoubtedly has been one of those social networks that has been getting a lot of attention from internet users, and not only. Since it started to get noticed, there has been a never ending flow of news, information, blog posts, etc., on how to use Pinterest for business, for brand exposure, and basically, how to do things right. Guides, ebooks, articles, how-to’s, videos, Pinterest clones, etc., are all over. Don’t know about you, but when something like these gets so much attention from users and businesses, I want to think that the site is providing value, and with that in mind, is most likely to get the search engine bots attention as well.

I don’t know what “you” think about Pinterest and what value, if any, do you think it may have for your business, exposure, relationship building, traffic, lead generation, search engine optimization and all that. I for one am not that favorable of being “active” in yet another social network, but in Pinterest’s case, I am opening an exception and see how things work out. Ultimately, it really depends if you think that you can provide value for the Pinterest community and how it can be beneficial for you.

Here are some articles that you may be interested in, in case you haven’t read them yet.

Anyway, the  ulterior objective of this post was to help you as a Pinterest user, with some tips to help your images stand out and get as much repin as possible (pretty much the same concept as RT on Twitter). Speaking of Twitter, if you love connecting and sharing knowledge, you could take a look at blogging twitter chat, that is held every Thursday on myBlogGuest.

Anyway, back to Pinterest. With over 12 million users (and counting),  posting pictures to the image-based social network that are properly optimized, may help a great deal to ensure that you get the attention you are looking for from the community. A properly optimized pin can make a lot of difference, and having a lot of repins (RPs), not only can take your image to the popular pages of Pinterest, but may also help you with your SEO link building campaign.

The infographic below, courtesy of Pinnable Business, provides some of the best practices to maximize your images on Pinterest.

pinterest image optimization

That’s it! So are you a Pinterest user? What do you think about this image-based network? Share your thoughts.

Amrik @ Monetize Blogging

March 29, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Pinterest gives Internet users another way to discover and explore visual content. The virtual pinboard concept has been tried before, and Pinterest executes the idea fairly well. Thanks for sharing with us.

(@Alltop_SEO) (@Alltop_SEO)

March 29, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Pinterest Image Optimization, Using Pinterest for Brand Exposure http://t.co/nIYJLTBd

Shubham@Download CSGO

March 30, 2012 at 6:02 am

Yea!! Pinterest helps a brand to become a bigger brand with many exposures which helps in betterment of the Brand. Very nicely explained DiTesco!

Gem

March 30, 2012 at 9:58 am

I just joined Pinterest.

Unlike before, I didn’t have the feeling of getting overwhelmed at having to join a lot of social networks.

You’re right in saying that Pinterest works well if you get a lot of repins. It’s indeed much like Twitter, only in pictures.

I’ve already seen some businesses taking advantage of that. It was just too easy for them to sell things.

There’s just too many social networks popping up here and there and it could just end up to be another passing fad. I am unsure if this website will stay, for good.

5 DiTesco March 30, 2012 at 10:29 am

Hi Gem. Good to see you here and there too 🙂 I agree with what you are saying, there are just way too many networks out there and if Pinterest will just be short lived or not remains to be seen. For now it is on the spotlight and since their approach, using images, instead of “almost” everything, makes them a bit different and this is probably why it is getting all that attention. I have seen many Pinterest clones already, even Gentlemint, which is suppose to be a “manly” version (not sure what that means), and it is too quite in there. We’ll how this all plays out. Thanks for stopping by.

Gem

April 13, 2012 at 9:54 am

Having Gentlemint is funny! I wonder if I could set up an account there – disguised as a guy!

I just read an eBook earlier which points out that Pinterest caters to majority of female readers. I guess this is the reason why Gentlemint was born.

7 DiTesco April 13, 2012 at 10:31 am

Hi Gem. Yep, Gentlemint is suppose to be the “manly” version of Pinterest. I have an account with them, but quite frankly, I have been am more active on Pinterest. Gentlemint has yet to “take-off” IMO as some improvements needs to be done. The interface is nowhere close to that of Pinterest, but then again, Pinterest started to get more popular just recently. Who knows.. BTW, if you still want to disguise yourself as a guy, which I think you should not, lol.. I have an invite that I can send you. Interested

Gem

April 13, 2012 at 12:50 pm

You do? Alright! Please send the invite to me. 😀 I’m really so curious!

9 DiTesco April 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Alright. Just sent you the invite. Let me know if it works and what “username” you will use so I can follow you 😉

10 DiTesco April 14, 2012 at 9:56 am

I sent it Gem. Did you get it?

Gem

April 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Yes, I got it. Thank you!

But I haven’t thought of any manly name yet. 😀

12 DiTesco April 16, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Haha, how about adding the “an” letters at the end of Gem 🙂 Hmm, maybe not.

(@sweetsfoods) (@sweetsfoods)

March 30, 2012 at 10:50 am

Pinterest Image Optimization, Using Pinterest for Brand Exposure http://t.co/mXUN5Kjl @ditesco

14 Amit Shaw March 30, 2012 at 11:06 am

Yes i am on Pinterest :).
I love it bcz its my 3rd best source of Traffic For my blog.
Its really helps to expose any business and brands.
Thanks for the Nice Infograpic and link DiTesco.

Pinterest Expert (@PinterestExprt)

March 30, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Pinterest Image Optimization, Using Pinterest for Brand Exposure http://t.co/yJ9aLm9o via @newspin

Becca

March 31, 2012 at 6:46 am

In a short time, Pinterest became popular because of their unique approach to their readers and possible customer to promote brand.

Even spammers are now taking the advantage to the popularity of Pinterest.
There’s so many interesting topic to learn and discover.

Brian D. Hawkins (@HotBlogTips)

April 1, 2012 at 6:16 am

Pinterest Image Optimization, Using Pinterest for Brand Exposure http://t.co/QfrY6zMl via @ditesco

18 Olawale Daniel April 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I love Pinterest for one single thing, it helps you get your words out – I mean the video and image contents always get shared more better than on any other social sites. I am getting loads of traffic from Pinterest everyday all because I share one or two images on it.

Thanks DiTesco for this awesome infographic

Janet

April 2, 2012 at 3:58 am

It is really interesting to know about the wealth of information available from Pinterest. These are really great ways to enhance your brand exposure.

(@KeepUpWeb) (@KeepUpWeb)

April 10, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Pinterest Image Optimization, Using Pinterest for Brand Exposure http://t.co/12SXgqmj via @DiTesco

Kostas

April 13, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Thanks for sharing this infographic Francisco, Pinterest becomes more and more popular each day and there is no indication that it will stop growing. Actually it has become one of the top 5 referrers on my site without even trying and from the latest news that I heard it has overcome Linkedin on traffic and it’s now the third social media site in the US behind twitter and facebook, it’s really unbelievable…

22 RAF September 18, 2012 at 5:41 pm