Hello everyone. Hope you all had a great and productive week. On my end, I decided to do some house cleaning (getting rid of less profitable sites) and focused more efforts on better performing ones. I also launched a new niche site experiment this week, that hopefully will answer a lot of my questions when it comes to site promotion. We’ll see how that goes.
Anyway, it seems that Google also has been doing some house cleaning of its own. They are getting rid of several projects like SideWiki, Notes, Image Labeler, Subscribed Links, etc.. Do any of you even remember or used sidewiki? I think I might have used it once 🙂
So, another week packed with great articles and before going to the roundup, I want to call your attention to the video below. Matt Cutts rants about “keyword rankings”. Listen to the “between the lines”. He’s giving some real good info about what you should be worrying when optimization is concerned.
As usual, in no particular order:
- What the Top 10 Blogs in Content Marketing Are Doing That You Probably Aren’t
- Is Livefyre Destroying the Value of a Blog Comment?
- Did You Encounter Seasonal Blogging Disorder?
- HOW TO: Use Your Social Media Skills to Earn Extra Money
- Why Big Marketers Are Dying Off, And Little Guys Can Win
- Mobile Blogging – Top WordPress Plugins For Smartphones
- How Google Reads Your Blog
- Bounce Rate: 16 Ways to Make Your Blog Sticky
- 20 Often Forgotten Website Traffic Tips
- Yes, You Really Can Build Links With Twitter – Whiteboard Friday
Social Web/Other Stuff
- 7 Tips for Dealing With Upset Facebook Fans
- Complete Guide to Customizing your Facebook Fan page
- 10 Ways to Use Google+ For Promoting Your Blog
- How to Time Your Tweets Like a Scientist
- 3 Steps to Develop a Branding Strategy for Social Media
Best way to check your own site for keyword rankings
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.