Home > SpeedLink Weekly > Speedlink V21/2011, PostRank, Social Engagement, iCloud, Klout, SEO

Gini Dietrich

June 11, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Hey! Thanks for including my post about gaming and how Klout is doing it well (if that’s the only thing they’re doing well). Social media is here to stay…long live gaming! :)

2 DiTesco June 11, 2011 at 5:54 pm

You are most welcome Gini. Loved the article and Yeah, long live gaming :) We’ll see how all this stuff plays together..

3 John @ Learn About June 14, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I also enjoyed your article Gini, I just don’t understand the hype about this service though. Besides I’m sure we all can make better use of our time then playing games. But that’s my opinion :)

Thanks as well DiTesco for mentioning my Facebook Marketing post.
I’m also excited about having you jump on for a guest post on my blog.

Have a successful week !!

Zarah Alvie

June 11, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Hi Di! It’s been very exciting to see so many new faces and read so many awesome posts. I’m honored and proud you’ve done a fantastic job! Thank you and God bless.

5 DiTesco June 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Welcome Zarah. Hope to see more from you here in the future. thanks for stopping by. Appreciate it..

Sonny

June 11, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I hope, unlike SkyDrive, that iCloud will allow you to upload entire folders at once…

7 DiTesco June 12, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Hi Sonny. Could not tell but I do hope that it will be a much better option. We’ll just have to wait and see. Thanks for stopping by

8 Patricia June 12, 2011 at 1:53 am

Hi DiTesco

Wow, plenty of posts to choose from. I’m not blog hopping so much these days as working hard on writing articles for my new site that should be going up soon.

This saves me heaps of time as I can choose the ones relevant to my journey and what I need to learn to grow my business.

And thanks for adding Matt Cutts video. I like to keep up with what is required of us and that was helpful. Thankyou DiTesco. Appreciated.

Patricia Perth Australia

9 DiTesco June 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Hi Patricia. Same here. I have been working on some new projects (eBooks) and some other like the one I have started with Michele, WordPress Junkies. I know what you mean and one must give priority to important projects. BTW, I am curious with what you are up to. Any chance you can give us a hint? When is it going to be born, lol…

10 Patricia June 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Hopefully be up in couple of weeks time. A friend will be helping me with the techie stuff.

Will be a health site and I’m hoping it will be really helpful to heaps of people once it’s up.

Thanks for asking. And hope your projects are going well too.

Patricia Perth Australia

11 DiTesco June 12, 2011 at 3:14 pm

That’s awesome Patricia. Health is something that concerns everyone and while it can be a very broad subject, I am sure that you got that under control :) Looking forward to it.. and Good Luck!

12 Patricia June 13, 2011 at 1:37 am

Mine is very specific. Another niche site but done differently to my lavender blog.

Have learnt heaps with my blog but as I want this to be part of my business plan, needed to look at monetising and moving my biz forward.

Patricia Perth Australia

Dennis Edell@ Direct Sales Marketing

June 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Nice video, I have 30 on the home page, it’s a real good sticky, not to mention comment capture. ;)

14 DiTesco June 12, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Hi Dennis. yeah, I really liked what Matt has said here and that is really a relief, because I heard a lot of commentaries elsewhere that you should limit your content on the homepage because of the size and links. Have a good day

Dennis Edell@ Direct Sales Marketing

June 13, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Content no, links used to be an issue. Google told webmasters for years not to go over 100 links per page, i don’t remember why.

It’s my understanding recently though, that they have retracted this statement.

16 DiTesco June 13, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Hi Dennis. You are right about the “suggested” amount of links on a webpage not exceeding 100 links. While I think it is no longer an issue, maybe it is still interesting from a users perspective not to have so much links to “decrease” distractions. Thanks, you made me think about analyzing my links and see how many there are :)

Dennis Edell@ Direct Sales Marketing

June 14, 2011 at 5:09 pm

As with everything else blogging Di, the user experience should always be forefront in the mind…more so then Google.

Dennis Edell@ Direct Sales Marketing

June 14, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I missed something, how did we go from links to guest blogging?

19 DiTesco June 14, 2011 at 7:11 pm

LOL, Dennis. So sorry about that. The response was meant to be for the other post (guess blogging) and for some reason I thought I was doing that :) This is why I sometimes hate replying to comments via the dashboard of WordPress. … again I apologize for the mess

Dennis Edell@ Direct Sales Marketing

June 15, 2011 at 10:48 am

LOL no worries at all.

21 Ileane June 12, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Hi DiTesco,
First I want to report that CommentLuv is showing me Luv this morning and I’m happy about that :)
I’m really anxious to read the Facebook Guide and the YouTube tricks post. Thanks for sharing!

22 DiTesco June 12, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Yay, Ileane. Glad that CommentLuv, luvs you again, lol. Nice choices to read. I knew that the YouTube trocks will not escape your grasp, haha. Enjoy and have a good day.

23 Devesh @ Technshare June 12, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Hi Ditesco,

Some great resources. Will going to check that interview and facebook guide. Thanks for sharing this great collection.

~Dev

24 DiTesco June 12, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Hi Devesh. Yeah, that interview is actually very inspirational. Thanks for stopping by.

25 Karen June 12, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I can always be sure, that there are posts I haven’t read yet when I stop by your speedlink and yet again, there are quite a few articles that I’m off to read when time permits ;)

26 DiTesco June 13, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Hi Karen. Thanks for stopping by, and I am glad that I can fill the void about providing you with some “good reads”, which I know is very difficult to stay on top with all the time. Have a good day

Jane | Find All Answers

June 13, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Congrats on being featured on ejunkie DiTesco! That’s awesome. A nice compilation that has some interesting posts; not to mention that our lines do cross every week being in a similar niche. The Twitter bio post is loading on the next tab.

Thanks.

Jane.

28 DiTesco June 13, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Hi Jane. Thanks for noticing about my interview on e-junkie :) And you are right, our paths seems to be crossing often and that is actually good.

BTW, did not quite understand what you meant about the Twitter bio?

Jane | Find All Answers

June 13, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I meant that I was just about to read the post from bnet.com on “8 Words That Should Never Appear in Your Twitter Bio” :)

Jane.

30 DiTesco June 13, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Haha, sorry about that. Got it!

brian speer

June 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Congrats for being featured in the blogger of the week that is really cool. I hope another update doesn’t go through. I am still trying to manage the last one.

32 Andy Bailey June 14, 2011 at 8:53 am

I love that Matt Cutts video! I’d like to do something like that on my site, all my videos go on for far too long!

33 DiTesco June 14, 2011 at 1:29 pm

LOL, Andy. Your videos are long because they need to be :) Matt answers specific questions so that makes it easy to be short, but not necessarily simple, as most of them are normally for the intermediate to advanced level… You explain your stuff on a broader terms so that makes it difficult to make them very short :) Thanks for stopping by.

Dale

June 14, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Good video and information. Some people don’t know how a website should be run, how much content to have on their pages or anything. This should help everyone out a little bit. Cheers!

Connie

June 18, 2011 at 6:49 am

Geez! Another Panda update will take place? Thanks for this update, Ditesco! Though I am somehow positive that this forthcoming update will not affect the ranking of my site, I still think that it’s worth the time to check the site for some unfavorable issues that may hurt the website with this forthcoming update.