Controlling and improving the flow of your on-site content can actually help your SEO. What’s the best way to capitalize on the opportunity present in your page design?
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he covers the questions you need to ask (and answer) and the goals you should strive for in today’s Whiteboard Friday.
Designing a Page’s Content Flow to Maximize SEO Opportunity
Safe or Risky SEO: How Dangerous Is It REALLY to Change Your Article Dates?
Fresh content is a powerful currency when it comes to search. Not only does fresh content keep your brand relevant and help you engage with your audience’s current interests and pain points, but ever since Google’s Freshness update, the more recent and relevant your content is, the better it’s likely to rank in SERPs.
But what about the appearance of freshness? What happens when a website tweaks old content or changes the date on an article from 2014 to today? What are the SEO benefits – and the consequences?
Most importantly, how do you keep “evergreen content” – content that’s meant to withstand the test of time – current and relevant year after year?
In this article, these questions are answered by examining how key influencers in the SEO and digital marketing industry treat date stamps, and I’ll discuss my strategy for combating outdated content.
How to Optimize a YouTube Channel and Videos for Better Visibility
Want more views for your YouTube content? Wondering how to show up in YouTube’s search and suggested videos?
An optimized YouTube channel delivers a rewarding viewing experience and works with the YouTube algorithm to boost your visibility.
#1: Design a Compelling YouTube Channel Home Page
#2: Research Keywords for Tags, Titles, and Descriptions
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up and optimize your YouTube channel and videos for more exposure.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Inbound Marketing (SEO, Search, etc)
- Google to Introduce 8 Trust Indicators for Publishers to Add to News Stories
- A site migration SEO checklist: Don’t lose traffic
- How YouTube Videos Rank in Google
- SEO SWOT Analysis: Focus your efforts in areas that deliver results
- Your Guide to Google’s Exact Match Domain Algorithm Update
Social Media Marketing; Video Marketing & Small Business Resources
- 13 New Video Tools in Social Media
- 5 Social Video Marketing Mistakes
- Obama Warns Social Media Use Can Provoke ‘Snap Judgments’
- Social Media Analytics 101
- The Top 5 Social Media Trends Of This Week
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- SearchCap: Google snippets increase, Google local Q&A, local services on Google Assistant
- Marketing Day: Pinterest ad boss exits company, Instagram business profiles & SEO SWOT analysis
- Best Audiobooks For 2017
SEO Tools & More… (aff)
- SEM Сompetitive Research and Business Intelligence Software – Free Trial
- Test Your Site For OnPage SEO
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.