Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week.
You may be tempted to publish that newest round of answers you’ve gotten from industry experts, but hold off — there’s a better way.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he explains why expert roundups just aren’t the best use of your time and effort, and how to pivot your strategy to create similar content that’ll make the juice worth the squeeze.
Better Alternatives to “Expert Roundup”-Style Content
SEO Ranking Factors in 2017
Are you focusing on the right things to boost your website’s position in the search rankings? Constants like on-page SEO, user experience, and your backlink profile still play big roles. But the introduction of RankBrain, growth of voice search, and the ubiquitousness of mobile search add important elements to an effective SEO strategy.
So, what matters this year? Here’s a list of some of the most important SEO ranking factors for 2017:
- Meta Tags
- On-Page SEO
- Keyword Relevance & Intent
- Mobile Friendliness
- Backlink Profile
- Robots Directive, Crawl Efficiency & Search Indexation
- Site Speed
- Broken Links
- Content Efficiency
- Image Optimization
- Local Citation and Tagging
- Language Markup
- HTTP Status Codes
- Near Ranking Opportunities
5 Ways to Add Variety to Your YouTube Channel
Want to add more video to your YouTube channel? Wondering how to develop a content plan for YouTube? Adding the right variety of video to your YouTube channel is ideal for driving conversions and engagement.
#1: Create a Featured Video to Tell Viewers What They’ll Find on Your YouTube Channel
#2: Produce Tutorials to Help Customers Use Your Products
#3: Make Educational Videos to Explore Focused Topics
In this article, you’ll discover five types of YouTube video to add to your business channel.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Google Fred Update: Big Google Algorithm Update Links Related
- 7 Ways for Your Underdog Blog to Beat the Competition
- 3 Types of Content That Gets More Traffic, Links and Shares Than All the Others
- 9 Brilliant Tactics to Promote Your Blog Content on Facebook
- Ten Simple Ways to Improve Any Blog Post in Minutes
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- How to Create and Use Hashtag Lists for Instagram
- 7 Ways to Find Your Target Audience on Twitter
- How one viral publisher uses Facebook groups to grow big numbers
- Surprising Stats on Every Generation’s Social Media Habits
- What convinced me to start boosting Facebook posts
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- Marketing Day: James Allen CMO interview, Facebook Instant Articles & native ads
- SearchCap: SEM accounts, pictures & more SEO
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
- Free Audio Books
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.