Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week.
How does the flow of link equity work these days, and how can you harness its potential to help improve your rankings? Whether you’re in need of a refresher or you’ve always wanted a firmer grasp of the concept, this week’s Whiteboard Friday is required watching.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he covers the basic principles of link equity, outlines common flow issues your site might be encountering, and provides a series of action items to ensure your site is riding the right currents.
Understanding and Harnessing the Flow of Link Equity to Maximize SEO Ranking Opportunity
How to Manage Facebook Groups: 8 Management Tools
Do you have a group on Facebook? Are you taking advantage of Facebook’s group management tools?
#1: Turn on Notifications
#2: Ask Pending Members Qualifying Questions
#3: Filter Pending Member Requests
In this article, you’ll discover how Facebook group admin tools can help you create a stronger, more engaged Facebook community.
7 Killer Ad Tips for YouTube & Video
YouTube is incredibly popular; Alexa consistently ranks it as the second most trafficked site globally. Additionally, its content shows up frequently in Google (which happens to be the top site).
Most people think of YouTube as a great SEO opportunity for visibility or a place to host videos they plan on embedding on their websites. But YouTube video advertising has evolved dramatically over the last several years, opening up new opportunities for marketers.
Unlike paid search, which is often managed heavily against last-click attribution, most forms of YouTube advertising are used to either build or reinforce brand awareness. Yes, YouTube ads can contain a call to action (a bit like late-night infomercials), but more often than not, the consumption of video advertising by your target audience is more “upper-funnel.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Inbound Marketing (SEO, Search, etc)
- Will Using Alternate TLDs Affect Your SEO Negatively?
- 7 Baidu SEO Fundamentals B2B Marketers Need to Know
- New: Outbound Link Metrics with Titles and More
- Multiple Sites: Does It Hurt or Help SEO?
- YouTube SEO: How to find the best traffic-generating keywords
Social Media Marketing & Small Business Resources
- The Top 4 Reasons Why Influencer Programs Fail
- How to Add Qualifying Questions to Your Facebook Lead Ads
- The 5 Biggest Mistakes That Social Media Managers Make (And How to Avoid Them)
- 6 Ways to Get More Email Subscribers from Your WordPress Blog
- How to Use Pinterest for Your Blog
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- SearchCap: Bing fact checking, Google mobile tips & Bing agency awards
- Marketing Day: AMP links at large, August’s top 10 YouTube video ads & FTC news
- Download Free Audio Books
SEO Tools & More… (aff)
- SEM Сompetitive Research and Business Intelligence Software – Free Trial
- Test Your Site For OnPage SEO
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
image credit: hermish.com