Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Featured snippets are the name of the rankings game. Often eclipsing organic results at the top of the SERPs, “ranking zero” or capturing an answer box in Google can mean increased clicks and traffic to your site.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he explains the three types of featured snippets and how you can best position yourself to grab those coveted spots in the SERPs.
How to Appear in Google’s Answer Boxes
12 Ways to Get More Pinterest Followers
Are wondering how to get more Pinterest followers? Are you looking to increase your Pinterest engagement and drive traffic? More Pinterest followers can help you get more likes, repins, comments, clicks and impressions. This can then help drive traffic, increase sales, generate leads and build your Pinterest brand. It also provides an opportunity for you to generate more engagement with your customers.
In this article from SEJ, they share 12 tips on how you can get more Pinterest followers and promote your business.
Google updates Penguin, says it now runs in real time within the core search algorithm
The latest announced release, Penguin 4.0, will also be the last, given its new real-time nature.
After a nearly two year wait, Google’s Penguin algorithm has finally been updated again. It’s the fourth major release, making this Penguin 4.0. It’s also the last release of this type, as Google now says Penguin is a real-time signal processed within its core search algorithm.
Penguin goes real-time
Penguin is a filter designed to capture sites that are spamming Google’s search results in ways that Google’s regular spamming systems might not detect. Introduced in 2012, it has operated on a periodic basis.
In other words, the Penguin filter would run and catch sites deemed spammy. Those sites would remain penalized even if they improved and changed until the next time the filter ran, which could take months.
Read more about Google’s Penguin Update here.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Penguin 4.0: Was It Worth the Wait?
- 12 companies hit with a Google manual penalty
- 5 Magic Steps to Refresh an Old or Expired Domain
- 7 Ways to Utilize Infographics In Your Content Marketing Strategy
- 5 Ways Boring B2B Brands Can Kill It With Content
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- How to Pimp Out Your Facebook Ads for Maximum Conversions
- 3 Tips for Better Facebook Engagement
- How To Make LinkedIn Your Newest Prospecting Tool
- How to Add Instagram Zoom to Your Social Strategy
- Here’s an Idea to Increase Your Facebook Following This October
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Google updates Penguin, interview with Siegel+Gale’s CMO & more
- SearchCap: Google Penguin live, Bing Ads Editor shopping & El Santo
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.