Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Success isn’t an overnight phenomenon when it comes to SEO, but with the right process and a dose of patience, it’s always within reach — even if you’re running your own blog. Optimizing your blog posts begins as early as the inception of your idea, and from then on you’ll want to consider your keyword targeting, on-page factors, your intended audience, and more.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday below, he spells out a step-by-step process you can adopt to help increase search traffic to your blog over time.
SEO for Bloggers: How to Nail the Optimization Process for Your Posts
4 Effective Ways to Build Backlinks for a Brand New Site
Starting to build links for a new site is a lot like climbing a mountain. You’re starting from ground zero with a lot of enthusiasm, but when you realize you have to climb for days to get anywhere, that enthusiasm often turns to the feeling of being overwhelmed. But when it comes to your site, the weather conditions, metaphorically speaking, are terrible as well.
No one can see you from above, so they can’t help you out—you are on your own. In a recent article from Neil Patel of QuickSprout.com, he shows you four ways to build links specifically tailored towards new sites. These are the links that actually matter. If you get a few dozen of them, you will see an immediate impact on your traffic levels.
1. Invest in a gift for the community
2. Study competitors, and learn from them
3. Forum links can have value
4. If you want to burst onto the scene, guest-posting is a must
Read the full article here
5 Ways to Find More Time to Blog
Is there a blogger inside you, waiting to emerge? Need tips for producing more content? Writing quality content will help you attract more customers and increase your visibility.
#1: Commit to a Niche
#2: Limit Your Time on Distracting Sites
#3: Plan Your Articles With Mind Maps
#4: Use Tools to Curate Inspiring Content
#5: Source Quotes From Industry Research and Influencers
In this article, you’ll discover five ways to find more time to blog.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Title Tag Length Guidelines: 2016 Edition
- Three Mistakes in Content Marketing & How to Avoid Them
- 14 Surprisingly Effective Tips for Conversion-Oriented Content
- The most expensive 100 Google Adwords keywords in the US
- Google launches business-friendly tool that tests your website mobile-friendliness & page speed
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- This Small-Business Owner Increased AdWords Profits by 50 Percent in 60 Days
- 11 Simple Yet Effective Edits to Instantly Improve Your Social Media Content
- Pinterest Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Links Are Now Allowed Again
- 15 Ways to Create More Engagement on Instagram
- How to Win With Pinterest Contests
More from around the web …
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
- Marketing Day: New Instagram algorithm, Twitter tests carousel ads & more
- SearchCap: SEO e-commerce, Google shopping & more
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
- SEO & Marketing – Inbound Marketing News, Insights, Trends, Tips and more
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.