Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Mobile’s been a hot topic for a while now. We know it’s not something to be ignored, but when it comes to different mobile mediums, it can be tricky to determine where to focus your efforts. In Rand`s video below, he goes over the differences between marketing via mobile apps and mobile web, examines some criteria that can help guide your decision, and speculates about the future of the mobile world in general. More videos on Moz.com`s whiteboard friday.
Mobile Web vs Mobile Apps: Where Should You Invest Your Marketing?
26 Tools to Help You Increase Your Blog’s Performance
You probably understand how important it is to give your visitors a great reader experience. To do that, you need to optimize many areas of your blog:
- the layout
- pop-ups and other opt-in forms
- loading speed
- and more…
It’s great if you know a little bit of coding so that you can make small changes yourself. However, it is likely that you are amongst the 99% of bloggers out there, that does not want to learn how to build a pop-up tool from scratch.
With that in mind, Neil Patel of QuickSprout.com has put together a list of 25 great tools—divided into 4 main categories—that you can immediately use to improve your blog. Check them out here.
7 Simple But Overlooked SEO Audit Tips
SEO audits. You can love them or you can hate them. Sometimes there is nothing more gratifying than uncovering that one issue that’s keeping your site or a client’s site from performing well. The problem with doing SEO audits is that you can easilyget caught in way too much stuff to do and loose the tasks at hand. In some cases, something very simple can cause a very large problem.
With that said, Joe on SearchEngineJournal.com, has compiled a list of the seven most common issues he has helped businesses with after their original audit was inconclusive.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- SEO tactics for product pages
- How to Build Backlinks and Get Press Using HARO [Case Study]
- 20 Platforms to Build Dynamic, User-generated Content
- 2016: Manual Link Building & SEO
- Why content is ‘not’ king and never has been
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- Shareaholic: Twitter Sharing Drops 11% After Twitter Kills Share Counts
- How to Retarget With Instagram Ads
- How to Set Up Instagram Ads Through Facebook’s Power Editor
- How to Post Curated Content Across Multiple Social Platforms
- Is Your Hashtag Breaking the Law?
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Facebook Tweaks News Feed, The Customer Experience & The Next MarTech Wave
- SearchCap: Google Local CTR, Yahoo Jumbo Ads & Local One Box
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!