While this may seem odd to you, I got an email from a friend of mine asking me if I knew about an affiliate program that is related to the online gaming industry. Among other things, he wanted to know what were my views about the “niche” in itself and what sort of things should he be concerned of when promoting any program related to this industry. Instead of replying to him, I decided to just post about it here so you too can have an idea about the industry.
Online home games or online gaming is probably one of the most visited sites in the sphere. Like the adult industry, many do not like to speak much about them, but truth is, these are highly lucrative industries and can be an alternative niche that you might be interested in promoting. One of the reasons it is interesting is because it is a path less followed, and since not everyone is talking about it, not everyone is doing it. If you are a little bit interested in promoting home games or related niches, then read on.
Before I go further though, I want you to know that I am not endorsing any online gaming activity, as this is entirely up to you to decide, if you want to be a part of this industry or not. The idea here is to introduce you to another niche that you can promote and not to encourage you to play the game in itself.
Now that we got that straight, I would like to introduce you to this alternative niche that many do not talk about. Making money online can be done in a lot of ways, and promoting online games, such as Poker, can equally be interesting and rewarding. You can (and should) set up a specific website that is related to this niche and should limit yourself to promoting only reliable sites and never attempt to promote any other programs that are not related to online gaming. When in doubt, read their TOS and ensure that the programs you are in do not conflict with promoting the online gaming industry. If you do decide to set up a website to promote this niche, there are several things that you should consider before setting it up.
1) Set up the website just like you would any other. Clean structure, good navigation and avoiding all those annoying bells and whistles also applies.
2) Try to find a good domain name that is relevant to this niche. You will want this to be specific and topic related.
3) Include disclaimers, privacy policies, guidelines, rules and do not encourage people and say that they will get rich by playing. That’s a big no, no.
4) Do not use false, misleading or deceptive advertising.
5) Clearly state that the site is for “adults” only. No minors allowed.
6) Remind users that they are encouraged to install “protection” software to avoid their children or kids to have access to the gaming portal.
7) Write articles that are related to “safe”, “responsible” gaming and optimize those articles for SEO. Search engines do not ban responsible websites, just because they are promoting the industry. They might be filtered for “safety” purposes but they are ranked nonetheless and will show on results if the filter is turned to off.
8) Choose the websites you will be promoting wisely. Verify the websites reputation (WOT) and search for reviews to know what other people think about it. The more positive reviews you get, the better.
There you have it. What are your views about the online gaming industry? Do you know of alternative niches that are also not so highly spoken about? Let us know.