Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Targeted Link Building in 2016
SEO has much of its roots in the practice of targeted link building. And while it’s no longer the only core component involved, it’s still a hugely valuable factor when it comes to rank boosting. In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video, he goes over why targeted link building is still relevant today and how to develop a process you can strategically follow to success.
How to Optimize Your Content for Google’s Rich Answer Box
“You may have noticed that when searching for a term or asking a question on Google, you receive not only a list of search results, but also an informational box at the top of the page that displays a quick answer to your question or a description of your search term. This featured snippet is part of Google’s Rich Answer Box, which has been around a while, but is now becoming more prominent for quick answers, event listings, recipes, maps, and more.”
Getting your content featured in Google’s Rich Answer Box is likely to become increasingly important moving forward, so see how SearchEngineJournal.com came up with five ways you can optimize your content to help it rank in “position zero”. Read the full post here.”
7 Traits That Will Make You A Great SEO
Knowledge and expertise are important, but columnist Will Scott asserts that there are certain intangible qualities which SEO rock stars all seem to share. Do these apply to you?
We came up with seven traits, which form the acronym CHARGED, says Will:
Read the full article on SearchEngineLand.com.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- My Single Best SEO Tip for Improved Web Traffic
- The Complete Guide to Building a Successful YouTube Channel
- Find Your Competitor’s Recurring Backlink Sources with this Simple (yet little known) Hack
- Discovery Thursday: How SEO Agencies Can Find Leads With SEMrush Rank Reports
- 4 Ways to Find the Right Eyes for Your Amazing Content
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- 6 Social Media WordPress Plugins for Bloggers
- Snapchat Leak Reveals An Upgraded Messaging Experience With Audio & Video Calling, Stickers & More
- 26 Blogging Mistakes That Are Costing You Time, Money, and Credibility
- Why Small Businesses Are Getting LinkedIn Wrong
- 3 Unusual Hacks to Dramatically Up Your LinkedIn Game
More from around the web …
- SearchCap: Republican Debate & Google, AdWords iOS App & Adobe Report
- Marketing Day: New Snapchat Feature, Google’s AMP Gets Analytics & Microsoft’s Earnings Report
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.