Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week! Doing keyword research is not just about volume and number of searches. To know the potential value of keywords in a certain niche, there is more to do than just look at the number of searches keywords get each month. In the video below, Rand of Moz.com explains what more you should be looking at, and how you can use other data to prioritize some groups over others.
Why We Like, Comment, and Share on Facebook
This week, Neil of QuickSprout.com published and infographic about why people enjoy liking, commenting, and sharing on Facebook. Have you ever asked yourself why is this so? If you haven’t, you should. Why? Because understanding why people enjoy doing these things will help you generate more Facebook traffic.
With that said, and if you want to get more Facebook traffic, you need to understand what motivates people to use Facebook. The infographic below will help you understand.
Click on the image below to see a larger view:
Google Does A Core Search Algorithm Update
On or about the 15th this week, MozCast temperature gauge has started to get hotter indicating that search rankings were seeing some movements. For those of you who are new to MozCast, it is a weather report that shows the turbulence in the Google algorithm over the previous day (or see the 5-day history on the left). The hotter and stormier the weather, the more Google’s rankings changed. As you can see from the chart below, the waether has indeed spiked to over a 100º on the 16th and Google confirmed that it was a core change in their algoritm. Has this affected your sites ranking in any way?
More info about the core update here.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- The Advanced Guide to YouTube SEO
- Guest-Posting on Steroids: A 4-Step Blueprint That
the Top Guest Posters Use
- What is the Most Effective SEO Tactic?
- Essential SEO Considerations For Any Website Migration
- Google PSA: Don’t Add Noindex Directives In Your Body Content
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- Facebook Growth: How to Create Huge Facebook Communities Without Advertising
- 11 Quick and Easy Social Media Status Updates: It’s Easier Than You Think
- Up Close With Twitter’s New Product Pages & Collections For Shopping
- How to Go from Good to Great on Instagram
- How to Grow Your Social Communities With Visuals
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Twitter’s New Product Pages, YouTube Newswire & Facebook Tests News Feed Changes
- SearchCap: Google Revenge Porn Form, Bing Ads Columns & Google Cache Update
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!
image credit: marketingland.com