Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great and productive week. Bing’s Duane Forrester, this week wrote a post debunking some SEO myths that persists to pop up on the sphere. While I believe that most of the information he provides still work to a certain degree, the essence is that they won’t work alone, meaning, that SEO contrary to some people think is not a “one single” tactic. Here are some of the most talked about SEO tactics that Duane mentions.
10 SEO Myths Reviewed
- I need to rank #1
- My Title tag will save me
- Social is all I need
- Videos are all I need
- Buying ads helps my rankings
- I make awesome content
- Links are all I need
- Marking up my content will help it rank
- Usability is different than SEO
- SEO is all I need
Sound about right, isn’t it? It does, but before anything else, read Duane’s review about the top 10 SEO Myths, here.
PRO Social Media Tips
During the #SMMW14 held in San Diego this year, Social Media Examiner and TopRank Marketing published an interesting slide about Social Media. The slide includes 38 tips from top social media experts and social savvy brands including IBM, Marriott, Discover, Adobe, LinkedIn, Whole Foods, Dell and many more. The slide is about a little over a month old, but in case you’ve missed it (I did), take a look at these tips as you may just learn a thing or two. Do you have anything to add?
Tactics To Improve Blog Readership
If you’re looking to increase traffic to your blog, there are many tactics that can significantly boost your progress. In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday, he offers 10 of the best tactics for you to keep in mind along the way.
New Guide To Keywords
“As people search for things on Google, advertisers target those searches, or queries, using keywords. The relationship between queries and keywords is at the heart of search advertising with AdWords”, says Matt Lawson, Director of Performance Ads Marketing at Google.
Matt also mentions about having the right strategies in place to cultivate all of the potential demand that users search on Google. Their new guide, Keywords to the Wise, details keyword the best practices to take your advertising campaigns to the next level. Whether or not you are running campaigns on Google Adwords, I think that this guide could serve for other purposes too! Check the keyword guide here.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Do You Understand Schema.org and Why It’s Important?
- 5 of the BIGGEST Lies Conversion Consultants Are Telling You Right Now!
- How to Plan Your Content Marketing Strategy Beyond the Blog
- 5 Creative Ways Brands Are Using Snapchat
Social/Small Business Bites
- How to Set Up and Use Twitter Lead Generation Cards in Your Tweets for Free!
- Freelancing 101: A Starter Guide to Acquiring, Managing, and Maintaining SEO Clients
- 7 Steps to Optimizing Your Google+ Business Page for Success
- 4 Ways to Network with Instagram Direct
More from around the web…
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!