HI everyone! Hope you all had a great week. This week, there has been some interesting news coming out from Twitter’s engineering manager, Pankaj Gupta, who said last Thursday that Twitter will “forever change search and discovery”.
Search & discovery in @twitter set to change forever after tmrw. Team – congrats and enjoy the enormity of ur impact few understand today!
— Pankaj Gupta (@pankaj) July 6, 2012
Twitter’s official blog announced yesterday, what this major overhaul was all about.
… today we’re introducing search autocomplete and ‘People you follow’ search results to twitter.com. In addition to recent improvements like related query suggestions, spelling corrections and more relevant search results, these updates make it even easier to immediately get closer to the things you care about.
Don’t about you, but I really don’t use Twitter’s search functionality. Perhaps with these new improvements, I might just give it a whirl. How about you? Do you search anything at all on Twitter?
Also this week, search engine Blekko announced their new crawl technology, which adds SEO data in real time. While Blekko is admittedly a search engine, what many of you probably don’t know is that they are also a pretty cool SEO tool “on the fly”. Just try it with (include http) yourdomain.com/ /SEO and see for yourself, that is, if you do care about SEO at all. You get instant SEO information, like, duplicate content, inbound links, crawl stats, etc., now supposedly in real time, about your site or any other domain.
Finally, and in case you have forgotten about the DNSChanger malware that has infected several PCs some time ago, Mashable has reported that there are still some 250K that are infected, and confirmed by the FBI. You can read more about it here, but if you want to skip that, just click this link and if you get a green box, you are all systems go, otherwise (a red box), do read that article for more info.
As usual, in no particular order:
Content/Online Business Bites
- What Is Social Proof And Why Your Business Can Live Or Die By It
- Stop Buying Those Information Products and Hire a Coach Instead!
- How to Make Your Business Stand Out Online: Interview with Lisa Barone
- 27 Lead Generation Ideas for the B2B Marketer
- The 3 Critical SEO Factors that Small Businesses Need to Get Right
- Common Qualities of Insanely Successful Viral Videos
- How to Optimize Great Content for Search Engines to easily Crawl, Index and Rank
- 20 Inbound Marketing & Sales Quotes To Live By
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- 6 Elements of a “Sticky” Pinterest Campaign
- How to Automatically Backup Your WordPress Site to Google Drive
- My 5 secrets to sharing great content 15 times a day
- The 5 Surprising Factors Behind the Most Shared Tweets (and How to Use Them)
Around the Web [more roundups]
- SearchCap: The Day In Search, July 6, 2012
- Marketing Day: July 6, 2012
- Google Analytics Mobile App: This Week in Social Media
Leveraging the Power of Slide Decks to Boost your SEO, Social + Content Marketing – Whiteboard Friday
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.