Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. I am sure that everyone already knows that the London Olympics has finally “kicked-off” yesterday. If you are like me, there are some particular events that I am more interested in, than another. Thanks to the internet, there are numerous possibilities to follow the Olympics at your own pace. If you are not yet aware of them, you should know that there is an official YouTube Channel, a dedicated Twitter hashtag and a list of broadcasters, where you can watch the Olympics live in your country.
On a different front, Duane Forrester of Bing, has posted two articles this week, related to link building. Both of them are quite interesting and provides you with some helpful hints about the “true” importance of link building, how to get them, what matters, and most importantly, why should you not “lust” about it so much. He also points out that link building tactic is not dead, is still important, but sends a message that links it is only one signal for search engines. What are you doing to work with the other signals?
Finally, I want to include in this roundup, a “shout out” for those of you that are avid readers or visitors of FamousBloggers.net. Hesham, the owner of this domain and a very good friend of mine, has had a very unfortunate incident surrounding his domain names. I can’t really express in words what I feel about this situation. I only wanted to let you know about it and ask you to join me in wishing him all the best to get this matter resolved quickly. Also, if you have links pointed to his site and are showing on your stats as “broken links”, please give it a bit of time and don’t remove them.
As usual, in no particular order:
Content Marketing/Online Business Bites
- 7 Hard Hitting Ways to Grow Your YouTube Audience
- 21 Reasons People Don’t Trust Your Company
- How to Protect Your Business’s Most Important Asset (No, It’s Not Your Website)
- 12 Things You Should Do After Writing A Blog Post (shameless promotion, pls vote)
- Google Webmaster: New Notification About Inbound Links
- Smarter Internal Linking – Whiteboard Friday
- Outranking Google
- Traffic from Youtube Is Like Gold – 8 Tips to Get a Piece of the Action
- Matt Cutts Discusses 301 Redirects Limits on Websites
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- Facebook Unveils Recommendations Bar For Sites, Says It’ll Drive 3x the Traffic
- Five ways to annoy people on Twitter
- Do Double Duty With This Twitter Plugin
Around the Web [more roundups]
Matt Cutts and Othar Hansson discuss how to connect authors with their content using authorship markup. A reminder for those of you who still does not have the authorship setup.
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.