Home > SpeedLink Weekly > Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012

by DiTesco on April 7, 2012

speedlink 142012

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great week. You may already have heard about Google unveiling a concept called “Project Glass“. Essentially, the device, that resembles eyeglasses, takes all the functionality of a smartphone and places it into the see-through lens displaying lots of information, from text messages to maps to reminders. As the team over at project glass states:

We think technology should work for you—to be there when you need it and get out of your way when you don’t.

Project Glass, one day…

And a short modified version of some possible “pitfalls” from wearing it.. (parody)

So what do you think, are we really going to need this digitally enhanced glasses eventually?

Anyway, on a side note, it seems that Google is not the only one focused on attacking spammers. Twitter this week decided to take the “fight” up a notch and filed legal suits against some “automated” Twitter services. It appears that services such as “TweetBuddy” and even “TweetAdder”, are amongst the defendants of this legal assault. Read more about it here.

And for the roundup of this week, in no particular order:

Content/Online Business Bites

In case you missed it: Free Content Curation Tools (shameless promotion)

Social Web/Other Cool Stuff

Around the Web [more roundups] – new

Pagination and SEO

Google’s Maile Ohye examines the issues webmasters face with paginated content: paginated articles, product category listings, etc. She then explains the options available to those webmasters concerned about SEO, including rel=”next” and rel=”prev” HTML markup.

That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead. For those who celebrate, Happy Easter!

26 Flares Google+ 0 Twitter 26 Facebook 0 StumbleUpon 0 26 Flares ×

1 (@sweetsfoods) (@sweetsfoods) April 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012 http://t.co/L9AOQYBw @ditesco

2 (@puxee) (@puxee) April 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012 http://t.co/dwTLvVDn via @ditesco

3 (@ProblogSuccess) (@ProblogSuccess) April 7, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012 http://t.co/lvvPSjdH @ditesco

4 (@GrowOnlineBiz) (@GrowOnlineBiz) April 7, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012 http://t.co/gQ7ZlA6S

5 (@Alltop_SEO) (@Alltop_SEO) April 7, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012 http://t.co/E6Vljbgf

6 Ryan Biddulph April 7, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Glass seems weird to me, DiTesco. I thinking looking at a laptop screen, or picking up a book or paper, requires little effort to begin with ;) To each their own. As for twitter, looks like I suspended automation at the right time. After moving between automation and not automating, I noted this: on days where I send out only unique tweets, I generate 15 to 20 fresh, targeted followers. Even if I tweet 5 or 10 times, this number remains consistent. I generate 5 to 10 on days where I automated. Although my RTs are a bit higher on auto days I think Big Picture: running an in demand, content fresh stream is my ultimate goal.

Thanks for sharing DiTesco.

7 Joe Boyle April 7, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I think the idea of Google Glass is a great one, but it’s simply not practical yet. As the parody showed, it is simply dangerous in everyday life. Not only that, but as glasses, it won’t be too popular. What about people who rely on glasses anyway? Do they wear two pairs? Do they buy enhanced versions?

It’s just not going to be practical in today’s society. Smartphones are thriving because they work. People don’t want something new, they just want something better.

8 Cathy Kerr April 9, 2012 at 9:14 am

I agree with you on this, it is not looking a great or very useful project. I am not very fond of twitter, so I don’t think it has great use for me…

9 (@sweetsfoods) (@sweetsfoods) April 7, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012 http://t.co/YtZXnHpi @ditesco

10 Kira Permunian (@kirapermunian) April 7, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Around The Web http://t.co/StAtZGei via @ditesco

11 Michele Welch April 8, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I especially agree DiTesco with Ching Ya’s article making it to this weeks list. Here post was phenomenal. Girl has talent. ;-)

12 Jafar@TraceTricks April 8, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I really don’t know why google started Project Glass ? LOL

good article,
~ Jafar.

13 Steve April 9, 2012 at 2:32 pm

It is a new gadget, toy, whatever you want to call it. Google wanted to create new innovations.

14 Kimberly Castleberry (@AskKim) April 8, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Google Project Glass, Twitter SPAM, Content Curation, Speedlink 14:2012 http://t.co/DrpHfavF via @ditesco