Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Are you guilty of living in the past? Using methods that were once tried-and-true can be alluring, but it can also prove dangerous to your search strategy.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday below, he spells out eight old school SEO practices that you should ditch in favor of more effective and modern alternatives.
8 Old School SEO Practices That Are No Longer Effective
Local SEO Roundup – Experts Share Their Favourite Local SEO Tips
If you run a local business I am sure you already know that it is tremendously competitive out there. You’ve got enough on your plate keeping your customers happy without having to worry about SEO.
But if you thought that developing a long term SEO strategy was going to be expensive and time consuming then relax. Pickaweb.co.uk has pulled together the brightest minds in Local SEO to give you their best, proven strategies for Local SEO success so you can hit the deck running and save a ton of time and money and get a top ranking.
They also created this beautiful, step by step graphic to keep you focused so you have the exact steps to dominate your local rankings. It may be a bit overwhelming when looking at it, nonetheless, it is pretty complete and one that you should look at more close.
click on image for a larger view
Below you’ll find each expert’s best tips for Local SEO Success. Use the quick links below to go to the area that interests you most or make yourself comfortable, grab a cup of your favourite beverage and get ready to learn how to be the number one business in town!
How to Repurpose Content From the Hottest Social Networks
Are you creating content on Snapchat, Blab, Vine, Periscope, or Facebook Live? Want to reuse that content on other social channels? Whether it’s a live broadcast on Facebook, a quick snap on Snapchat, or short audio from Anchor, you can save and download your social content and share it across all of your profiles.
In this article from SocialMediaExaminar.com, you’ll discover how to repurpose content from today’s hottest social media platforms.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- SEO Checklist – Actionable Steps To Help You Rank Better
- Ryan Stewart on How to Identify & Pitch Outreach Opportunities #MarketingNerds
- Why SEOs should not ignore Bing Webmaster Tools
- 6 Things You Need to Do Before Writing a Single Word on Your Blog
- 5 Content Marketing Trends to Put You Ahead of the Pack
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- 8 Tips to Get More Traffic from #LinkedIn
- 5 Best Practices for Adopting Digital’s Hottest Platform – Instagram
- How Brands Can Hack Instagram Hashtags
- 10 Must-Know Facebook Ads Tips & Features
- 30 Twitter Ad Examples to Study Before Spending a Dime
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: IAB’s LEAN scoring, Echo/Alexa sales & LinkedIn’s earnings report
- SearchCap: Bing Ads updates, latest Windows 10 release & the Jelly relaunch
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.