Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great week. If you have noticed, this week, I am everything “content curation”. Some reasons for that is because of the buzz that it has been generating lately, and also because of my shameless promotion of an article I wrote on Hesham’s online marketing contest. In addition, I wrote a post asking my audience if they think that content curation can be the next big thing. There has been some mixed feelings about this, and I would love to have your opinion and join the discussion.
Another noteworthy story is a VideoInfograph that I stumbled upon this week on Kim Catlesberry’s Google+ stream. Its about The World of Social Media 2011 and I am adding it here aside from the usual video of WBT. This is really a cool video that I totally recommend you watching. It has some facts about social media that you probably don’t know. If you think that social is not good for marketing your business, think again.
Blogging/Online Business (tips and tools)
- WordAds: WordPress Declares Bloggers Deserve an Alternative to AdSense www.searchenginejournal.com
- Take your Guest Blogging to the Next Level www.famousbloggers.net
- 6 Noteworthy Lessons I’ve Learned as a Full-Time Affiliate Marketer blog.2createawebsite.com
- Charles Darwin’s 12 Rules of Blogging Survival www.problogger.net
- Improve Your SEO by Fixing Broken Links: WordPress Broken Links Checker wpmu.org
- 30 Web Trends for 2012: How SEO Search, Social Media, Blogging, Web Design Will Change www.seoptimise.com
- Difference Between Hits, Page Impressions And Unique Visits basicblogtips.com
- YouTube reinvents itself with massive relaunch — Online Video News gigaom.com
Social Web/Other Stuff
- The New Social Currency – Leverage THIS And Get Noticed! just-ask-kim.com
- 3 Little Known Ways To Get More Tweets About Your Blog Content blog.bufferapp.com
- 34 Stunning Infographics To Understand The World Of Social Media www.smashingapps.com
- Utilizing Social Media to Build Brand Awareness and Authority keepupwiththeweb.com
Will my site’s ranking be hurt if I use HTTPS instead of HTTP?
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.
[note]This blog post created with the assistance of CurationSoft (aff)[/note]
6 thoughts on “Speedlink 46/2011, Social Media World, Content Curation, SEO and More”
First time for me to see that Social Media 2011 video. Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend!
Thank you for sharing Social Media 2011 video. I also enjoyed watching the video on why https is a bad idea.
The video about using HTTPS instead of HTTP is great. The topic is well-discussed and understandable. Thank you very much for posting it. Have a great week as well!
Thanks John. Have a great day…
Hi DiTesco, I’m not sure how I missed that YouTube video in Kim’s stream, so I thank you so much for pointing it out. Great stuff! Thanks for the link love and I’m really enjoying this content curation discussion and I was surprised to see that some have mixed feelings about it.
Also, what a shocker to see ads coming to free WordPress blogs. I need to go and put some up since I still get traffic to my old blog even though I haven’t touched it in over a year. 🙂
Have a great week ahead my friend. Cheers!
Hi Ileane. sorry for the late reply. Yeah, I too got surprised about WordAds and I think it is a timely release as WordPress.com users unfortunately did not have that much on an option before. I think it could be interesting and would like to know if you run it how it goes for you.
Comments are closed.