Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. While it seems a bit early, some search engines have started to reveal their list of top searches for 2012. Bing released their 2012 report recently, and this week Yahoo revealed their Year-In-Review. Google, which usually releases its Google Zeitgeist insights, has not yet updated the information, but stay tuned because I’m sure it will be out soon. Zeitgeist is my favorite due to the way its organized. Anyway, one reason I like looking at these reports is because it provides some useful data that you can use to generate blog posts ideas, launch niche sites, among other things. Quite useful, specially if you are an affiliate marketer. In any event, it can satisfy your curiosity of what the world is searching for.
On the social side of things, Google+ recently made some improvements by launching the Google+ Communities, a feature that helps you find people who are into the same things you are. You can share news, ideas and passions with just the right people, or meet some new ones by joining public communities. Communities can be set public or private, depending on what you have in mind. Here’s a nice write-up about it. Have you created or joined some communities yet? Do you find any value with this new app?
Lastly, Pinterest, due to its increasing popularity, have started to “remove” the crap on their network this week. This post from MarketingLand.com gives some good info about the clean-up. Interesting is this part of the post that mentions a blurb from Mashable.com, saying:
According to Mashable, several large brands and other popular Pinterest accounts are losing hundreds of thousands of followers in the aftermath of Pinterest’s anti-spam measure this week.
What do you make of that?
As usual, in no particular order:
- SEO Link Building Q&A with an Ex-Google Webspam Team Member (must read)
- Building a Video SEO Strategy
- 7 Small Business SEO Tips
- SEOs vs Penguins: Will Google’s Disavow Tool Help SEOs Win?
Content Marketing/Small Business Bites
- Why Use AdWords? Here Are 10 Reasons
- The Dumbest Excuse SMBs Use to Avoid Blogging
- 16 Business Blog Blunders to Avoid
- How to Promote Blog Posts For Maximum Exposure
Social Web/Other Roundups and Cool Stuff
- 3 Unconventional Ways to Boost Your Facebook Engagement
- 7 Key Ways to Optimize Facebook Fan Page SEO
- How to Create Custom Tabs for Facebook Business Pages
- Marketing Day: December 7, 2012
Why do paid links violate Google’s guidelines while other ads don’t?
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.