62 WordPress Plugins, For Beginners, Intermediate And Advanced Users

You all know that the WordPress platform needs no further introduction as it is already a celebrity of its own. While WordPress in itself is very functional, it is obvious that there are features that are deliberately excluded, as it is not a one size fits all (they do try). For every WordPress user, there is always someone who will want something different from the other. Here is where the so called plugins come into play.

WordPress plugins are tools that extends this popular platform’s functionality. With WP plugins, almost anything can be done or added to your WP powered site. There are plugins for your design, WordPress SEO, security, social sharing, management, productivity, and more. Think about some functionality you want to add,  and most likely, some WordPress developer has already done it. The WordPress repository has an estimated 15K plus of available plugins for everyone to use and obviously, there are the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Now, you might or might not heard of WordPress Junkies (WPJ) before. It is a project that Michele of NewBizBlogger and I, decided to launch not so long ago. WPJ is a social and bookmarking site for all WordPress enthusiasts and lovers. Find more info here.

That said, the both of us, being users and strong advocates of using this software to support all types of online ventures, we thought it would be beneficial to provide our community and readers a list of plugins that have provided us the most value. After many, many, many hours of work… an eBook is born.

62 WordPress Plugins, You Should Know About…

62 WordPress Plugins

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler – Albert Einstein

The plugins contained herein are not only the most popular ones, but also new and upcoming superstars. Out of the total 62 plugins, 54 of them are totally and 100% free, whereas 6 are premium plugins. Yeah we got that too..

In the eBook, you will find a list of plugins for several purposes, they are:

• Ad Management
  • Design/Widget Management
  • Link Building
  • Productivity / Marketing
  • SEO/Site Speed Enhancements
  • Security/Database Optimization
  • Social Web
  • Stats/Trackers
  • Webmaster & Blogging Tools
  • Premium WordPress Plugins

How Do You Get One?

Easy. Just be a part of our growing community on WPJ and receive it shorty after you complete your registration. You love WordPress don’t you? So, why not be a part of a community that shares the same interest as you? If you are already a valued member of WPJ, just be on the look out for an email we are sending out shortly. In it, you will be given the link to download your free eBook. Sweet! Just another benefit of being part of our community :).

That’s it! What are you waiting for? Be a part of our WordPress Social Network, meet new and like minded people, establish connections and receive the eBook with our compliments.

One last note. While every effort has been made for this eBook to be as updated as possible, we understand that there might be some plugins that we have missed out. If you know of a rocking plugin that should have been mentioned, please do let us know. The eBook will be updated regularly, as newer plugins make way for the older or outdated ones.

On a side note, if you are relatively new to WordPress, you might want to check out this awesome WordPress Website Checklist. Thanks!

DiTesco

48 thoughts on “62 WordPress Plugins, For Beginners, Intermediate And Advanced Users

• July 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm

DiTesco..You can never have enough plugins..it seems like they are becoming part of our everyday lives.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”

• July 7, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I hear you loud and clear.. and I agree, it seems like it is part of our everyday lives.. well for our blogging life at least 🙂

• July 7, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Hi Francisco,

Just awesome really tech WP gems – I’m waiting the email to download the ebook 😉

RTed, BEed, stumbled and “Google+ed” no idea how to write the last lol 🙂

Cheers,

Gera

• July 7, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Hi Gera. Thanks for all the “eds”, lol. You should be receiving it soon, if you have not already. Be sure to check on your spam inbox, just in case.

• July 7, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I am interested in this but do you know when it was last updated as things move so fast online. I like how wp is minimal bloat but when there are some plugins which might be deemed “essential” (Security/Database Optimization) I need to know!

• July 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Hi Danika. Sorry for the late response. This ebook was just released so for that matter it is updated. The plugins that we recommend there are equally updated and most of its developers has also updated for use with 3.2. I hope that answers your question and also hope that you will head over there to grab it for yourself. We try to be 100% accurate but you how technology goes… So if you feel that there is something outdated in the eBook, I will really appreciate you letting me know. It is “users” feedback that make the internet a better place 🙂

• July 7, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Congratulations! I love the cover too. Can’t wait to dig into this. Thanks so much for creating this one for us.

• July 7, 2011 at 11:28 pm

You are welcome Ileane and really Michele and I, had this idea for a long time.. finally saw it born. Joint effort made it all happen 🙂 Glad you liked the cover (Michele the creative part and me the cover itself – Free tool online, can you believe that).. Hope you like the content of the ebook too 😉

• July 7, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Hey Francisco, this is just awesome!!! I have been a member since the beginning, did I miss the book?

• July 7, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Hi Brankica. I don’t see any reason why you have not received the eBook. Check your spam folder as it may have landed there. If you don’t get it, let me know and I’ll make sure you get one.

• July 7, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Thanks, will do 🙂

• July 7, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Congratulations, I saw the ebook earlier, but haven’t had the chance to check it out. I love the cover art…

• July 7, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Hi James. Once you get it, let me know what you think.

The art creative was done by Michele and I did the eCover. Do you believe that I have done it with a free online cover maker? Want to know the secret, lol

• July 7, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Congrats for the e-cover very professional and better if you did it for free 😉

Cheers,

Gera

• July 8, 2011 at 1:20 am

saw this posted from twitter with the #wordpress hash tag. anyways seems like a good little ebook, going to hop over to register to receive it now. thanks. ps: good way to help grow your community!

• July 9, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Thanks and welcome. Hope to see you there 🙂

• July 8, 2011 at 4:48 am

Hi DiTeso,
    I can’t wait more I just want this eBook yet.Thanks for sharing this Gems of plugin.

• July 9, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Welcome Zarah.. Hope you like it

• July 8, 2011 at 9:26 am

Wow what a great idea this is, putting together a collection of WP plugins and the details and give it away for subscriptions! I love the cover, good choice of color and design! I’ll come back to you for the eBook as soon as I get my hosted WP blog. Thanks.

• July 8, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Hi Nella. You really don’t need to even have a blog, just be a part of our community on WPJ and you’ll get the ebook. Either way, it is great to meet new people and build some relationships 🙂

• July 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm

These are great plugins Ditesco. Your blog posts are always the best and it inspires me on how much value you give out for free. It’s a less on I’m learning everyday. Thanks

• July 8, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Hi Michael. thanks for your kind words. It keeps me motivated 🙂 BTW, did you get your copy yet?

• July 8, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Hi DiTesco,

Nice gesture on creating this ebook for us. I need to have a look and see what plugins i need. Is this automatically send to my inbox or do i have to do anything to get it?

Thanks for sharing mate.

Lye

• July 8, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I am curious to know how we will receive it as well. Do you get it shortly after signing up?

• July 8, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Brian. If you are already a registered user, we sent out emails to everyone who was registered on or before yesterday. If you are not yet a member, just register for an account and you will received both activation and a welcome message that will contain the link of the ebook. This should not take more than five minutes after your registration is complete. Let me know if you run into problems

• July 8, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Hi Lye. Thanks! It is just our way of syaing thanks for our community 🙂 The email containing the link for registered members was sent out yesterday. Make sure you are looking in the same email address you used on WPJ. Also, check on your spam folder as it might have landed there. Let me know after all this if you still did not get it.

• July 8, 2011 at 5:47 pm

That is really cool. I have heard some buzz about his as well. I am looking forward to checking it out.

• July 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Go get it, Brian 🙂 Nothing to loose, and a lot to gain, lol

• July 9, 2011 at 9:06 am

Looks like a nice book… but to be frank I have enuff plugins on my blog, one more and im scared it’ll slow down or crash 🙂

Nice cover by the way

• July 10, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Hi Sandeep. I understand what you are saying but the idea is to overtime, replace some plugins that are outdated or make way for better ones. I trust that you will find plugins in the eBook that could serve you well. Thanks for stopping by and since you are already a member of WPJ, I think you might have received the link already.

Did you get the eBook? What do you think about it? Love to know your opinion… we can always make it better 🙂

• July 9, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Plugins, plugins, couldn’t do without them. Yet they are not so good when it comes to numbers. I can’t help myself adding one after the other; looks like this is some fodder for my temptation.

PS: I’m always forgetting my password with WP junkies and requesting it. Couldn’t “participate” more than requesting forgot password LOL!

• July 10, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Hi Jane. I hear you.. this is exactly what happens to me about plugins. I seem to never get enough 🙂 I do understand that we should not have too much, as we risk hampering our sites performance…

As for your access to WPJ.. have you solved it yet? I can reset your password manually if you want… just let me know.

• July 10, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I did reset it just yesterday Fran. Thanks for asking. Hope I won’t forget it this time 🙂

• July 10, 2011 at 5:24 pm

That’s great.. Just sent you an email 🙂

• July 10, 2011 at 7:25 am

Hi DiTesco,
    thanks for drawing my attention to WordPressJunkies. I love WordPress and the whole plugin industry that has developed around it. I especially like your approach of building a social network for people using WordPress. This not only helps to strengthen the community by creating a feeling of belonging. It is also a very useful tool that WordPress users like myself can put into their arsenal. Just a question, did you use Buddypress or another tool to create WordPressJunkies? Thank you.

• July 14, 2011 at 6:52 am

Ok I need to get a copy of it. Thanks DiTesco for compiling it for us. Amazing!

• July 22, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Thanks DiTesco, been always helpful especially on WordPress issues.

• July 24, 2011 at 3:02 am

Sure my friend. All you have to do is head over to WPJ and be part of our community. This is “exclusive” for members only, hence the benefit of being one of our valued members. It will really be awesome if you can be a part of the WPJ project 😉 Hope to see you there…

• July 24, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Great! Hope you enjoy being a part of WPJ 🙂

• July 24, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Very much enjoying WPJ Bro, already contact WPJ for the e-Book 😉 Hope they’ll send the e-Book ASAP coz I can’t help my self to read it 😀

• July 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Hi Latief. You should have received the link for the ebook via your welcome email. Check in your spam folder just in case. Let me know if you have not gotten it… I’ll send you the link.

• July 25, 2011 at 6:46 am

I just joined to be part of community as Becca. And i want to have a copy of your ebook.. thanks for sharing this!

• July 25, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Hi. Please check your spam folder, this could happen. The link is included in your welcome email from WPJ. Let me know if you got it…

• July 31, 2011 at 12:43 am

Hi DiTesco,
    I am anxious to start reading your book.
    You come highly recommended from other blogs I read, so
    I know it will be good.

I look forward to learning more from you so I can
    pass it on to my followers

Jeff Faldalen

• September 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I just Registered. Can’t wait to get the eBook and read all about the plugins.

• May 21, 2012 at 11:24 am

Hi just wanted to find out how I can get this ebook 62 WordPress Plugins, I just signed up with you and I am a new wordpress users which would benefit from this enormously!

Thanks so much,