There’s a new ranking factor in town, and it’s one that will affect almost every aspect of your site optimization.
Move over, links, content, and RankBrain — there’s a new ranking factor in town, and it’s a doozy. All kidding aside, the idea of searcher task accomplishment is a compelling argument for how we should be optimizing our sites. Are they actually solving the problems searchers seek answers for?
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he explains how searcher task accomplishment is what Google ultimately looks for, and how you can keep up.
Is the New, Most Powerful Ranking Factor “Searcher Task Accomplishment?”
Technical SEO Checklist: 9 Steps to a Technically Perfect Site in 2017
We talk about off-page SEO a lot. Building, managing, and auditing your backlinks is a critical aspect of SEO, and it keeps getting trickier. On-page SEO is a hot topic too; particularly now that Google’s increasingly shifting to semantic search, and the old-school tactics don’t seem to work as well as they used to.
No doubt those are very important aspects of SEO, but there’s one thing we tend to forget about. SEO isn’t either off- or on-page. The technical part of the process is just as important; in fact, if you don’t get the technical foundation right, your other SEO efforts might bring no results at all.
1. Review your sitemap.
2. Check indexing.
3. Make sure all important resources are crawlable.
In this article, the focus is on the main aspects of technical SEO that will help you maximize usability, search engine crawling, indexing, and ultimately rankings.
3 Ways to Generate Leads Using YouTube
Want to generate more leads and conversions with YouTube? Looking for organic tactics to help boost the performance of your existing video content?
#1: Drive Website Traffic With YouTube Cards
#2: Promote Landing Pages With End Screens
#3: Connect With Leads via Search
In this article, you’ll discover three effective ways to turn YouTube viewers into leads.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Inbound Marketing (SEO, Search, etc)
- “SEO Is Always Changing”… Or Is It?: Debunking the Myth and Getting Back to Basics
- 21 Awesome Time-Saving Tips for Content Marketers
- How to Define and Create Quality Content: Tips From 35+ Experts
- The Biggest Trend in Content Marketing Right Now
- SEO best practices for images and video content
Social Media Marketing & Small Business Resources
- Report: Native ad buying surges 74%, programmatic slips 12%
- How to Make the Most of Snapchat’s New Website Links
- Why I Think Social Media Is For Branding and Engagement, Not Traffic or Revenue
- How and Where to Add Instagram Hashtags (Before or After Posting)
- 7 features you’ll only find in the new AdWords interface
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Chatbots, content production models & Microsoft’s earnings report
- SearchCap: YouTube redirects, Bing search ad growth & expanded text ads
- Download Free Audio Books
SEO Tools & More… (aff)
- SEM Сompetitive Research and Business Intelligence Software – Free Trial
- Test Your Site For OnPage SEO
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.