Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
The dust is finally beginning to settle after the long-awaited rollout of Penguin 4.0. Now that our aquatic avian friend is a real-time part of the core Google algorithm, we’ve got some changes to get used to.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday below, he explains Penguin’s past, present, and future, offers his analysis of the rollout so far, and gives advice for how to go about SEO going forward (hint: never link spam).
Penguin 4.0: How the Real-Time Penguin-in-the-Core-Alg Model Changes SEO
7 Ways to Improve Your Search Rank With Social Media
Do you want to improve the search rank for your website or blog? Wondering how social media can help? Social media and search engine optimization (SEO) are undoubtedly connected and will only become more interdependent in the future.
1. Cut Down on Word Count
2. Tell People What You Want Them to Do
3. Give People a Reason to Click Through
4. Optimize Profiles for Keyword Searches
5. Optimize Your Copy With Keywords
6. Use Keywords to Drive Content Creation
7. Publish Social Posts Worthy of Backlinks
In this article, you’ll discover seven ways you can use social media to boost your search rankings.
The Psychology of Search Engine Optimization: 10 Things You Need to Know
Think you know SEO? It’s all about keywords, content, and optimization, right? Not quite.
Despite what you may think you know, search engine optimization has far less to do with content, coding, or site architecture than with psychology.
What does psychology have to do with any of it?
As today’s most effective SEOs know, understanding the psychology behind why people behave the way they do plays a crucial role in establishing an effective online marketing strategy.
That applies to SEO just as much as it does to any other digital marketing channel.
In the meantime, here’s a quick primer on understanding the relationship between effective SEO and the psychology behind those who search for information online.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- 5 Types of Visual Content That Get Shared The Most
- Dwell Time: Does This Ranking Factor Really Live Up to the Hype?
- Which is the Best Permalink Structure For Your Blog?
- 3 tips to make your content easy to consume
- Why Brands Need to Tap into User-Generated Content (And How to Use It in Your Emails)
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- AdSense tweaks the look for text ads again
- Why You Should Be Turning Social Proof Into Sales
- 6 Crazy Social Media Ad Ideas to Make You Look Like A Big Deal
- 45 Creative Social Media Marketing Tips You Don’t Hear Every Day
- The Most Annoying Things Brands Do on Social Media
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Smartphone usage, Facebook events app & intelligent agents
- SearchCap: AMP stats, AdWords & Salesforce & local SEO
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.