A couple of weeks has gone by since the Google Penguin update has been launched, and yet, news about it is still dominant around the web. Reason being, is because it is a great deal and many websites have seen their rankings plummet, some nowhere to be found. From a business standpoint, being affected by this update can be devastating, and after reading a lot of articles related to the Google Penguin issue, it is clear that the best way to recover from the update is by applying Google’s quality guidelines, period. If all else fails, you may need to consider starting a new website.
In addition, this article from Danny Sullivan runs through several stuff that you should really need to know. Aside from Matt Cutt’s video (see below), among other things, there is one thing that caught my attention, a link to a list of WordPress plug-ins that apparently insert hidden links. Worth looking at, in case you use some of these. If you are wondering why you have been affected by the Penguin update, these plugins may have inserted hidden links, that could have caused you a penalty, and of which you are not aware of. While we are at it, I am convinced that if some plugins can in fact be a problem, some free WordPress themes, may also be a cause of worry. Just a heads up!
On a more positive front, in case you missed it, Google has teamed up with Dudamobile to help everyone make their website mobile compatible. I am sure that by now, you already know the importance of having your website mobile friendly. The mobile site builder is an excellent alternative to get started.
As usual in no particular order:
- Google Penguin Update Recovery: Matt Cutts Says Watch These 2 Videos
- Penguin Analysis: SEO Isn’t Dead, But You Need to Act Smarter (And 5 Easy Ways to Do So!)
- 3 Ways to Fix Your Broken Marketing
- Bing fires at Google with new social search
- What’s Unique & Noteworthy About Google’s Penguin Update [SEOMoz Video]
Content/Online Business Bites
- Your Blog, Your Rules – Why Marketing Should Always Begin at Home
- How to Share Adsense Revenue With Your Authors
- Content Writing: Think Out of the Box
- Do Not Delete Comment Spam. Mark Spam as Spam.
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- How to Get a Boatload of People to Pin Your Products to Pinterest
- 20+ Overlooked Facebook Timeline Tips You Must Know!
- The Complete Guide To Social Sharing: The Brand New Buffer Browser Extensions
- Help Desk Hangouts: Connect with customers using Hangouts On Air
Around the Web [more roundups]
When are penalties lifted?
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.