Home > SpeedLink Weekly > Gentlemint, Building Authority, Google AdSense, SEO, Speedlink 06:2012

Gentlemint, Building Authority, Google AdSense, SEO, Speedlink 06:2012

by DiTesco on February 11, 2012

speedlink 62012

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. This week, I stumbled upon a site called “Gentlemint“, supposedly, as many having been saying, that it is a “male” version of Pinterest. Right now, I can’t say much about it as I have not yet had the pleasure of being invited (yep, it is also by invite only). If any of you is already using it, I would love to hear your opinion about the site. On my side, I will certainly be keeping a close on how things develop over there ;-).

On a side note, and if you are a Google AdSense publisher, you should know that Google has finally created a whole new Ad Traffic Quality Resource Center, where you can get informed about how to avoid being banned from their program as well as having a better understanding of invalid clicks and click frauds, among other things.

Finally, instead of the usual Matt Cutts video, I am making way for Duane Forrester, Matt’s counterpart from Bing, which exemplifies in a very simple way, how to become an authority, by building quality content (sites) and sharing it properly. Its short, so I recommend you watching it. This is not for Bing only.

Blogging/Online Business (tips and tools)

Social Web/Other Stuff

How To Become An Authority By Providing And Sharing Quality Content

That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.

31 Flares Google+ 2 Twitter 29 Facebook 0 StumbleUpon 0 31 Flares ×

1 Holly Jahangiri February 11, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Oh, I do hope you requested an invitation to Gentlemint! If it’s anything like Pinterest, it’ll only take about 15 minutes to a day or two to get in. I love it – I’d request one, myself, but guys deserve a place to be guys – as long as I can browse and get insights and gift ideas, it’s all good! (I just hope it lives up to its potential and doesn’t turn into an all night drunken frat party, over there. I was thoroughly charmed by the front page, but I hope it turns out to be a place I could recommend to my high-school aged son.)

2 DiTesco February 12, 2012 at 11:21 am

I hear you Holly. I’ll make sure that I send you an invite, if I ever get one :) Seems that Gentlemint is very “picky” about its members. Don’t know if that is a good or a bad sign :)

3 Ana Hoffman February 11, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Thanks for the shout, Francisco!

There’s so much talk about Pinterest; however, to me it’s just another way to suck up my time.

Opinions?

4 DiTesco February 12, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Yeah! I can relate to that one Ana. Like Brian said, it comes to a point that there is just so many of these type of sites that we just don’t have the time to be active on all of them. Pinterest though has a special attention to me for now. Since I am, among other things a marketer and a SEO enthusiasts (LOL), I am inclined to “turn the radar” on these type of things, specially when Matt sends some signals. For now, traffic that I am getting from Pinterest is no where close to what a lot of people are claiming.

5 Ana Hoffman February 12, 2012 at 9:30 pm

What signals from Matt are we talking about? Just general “social media” signals or something specific to Pinterest?

6 DiTesco February 12, 2012 at 11:32 pm

It was a tweet that Matt sent out recommending Pinterest..

7 bbrian017 February 11, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I don’t even know how were supposed to keep up anymore. I’m not joining any of these sites, I’m so busy with Twitter, Facebook and blog engage how can I fit all these new sites into the 24 day I live?

The only way I’m going to put more social sites into my day job is if they start getting huge like Twitter and Facebook. Imagine investing tons of time into these sites only to find they flop… …

With that said it’s still always a good idea to keep updated on what is emerging and happening, thanks for the insight DiTesco.

8 DiTesco February 12, 2012 at 11:25 am

I understand what you mean Brian and really I am only active on Twitter and G+, with the occasional “fly by” on FB and Pinterest. Pinterest has been sending some good traffic on my audiobook site and it’s ok to use it there. I think it depends on the topic you have. As for Gentlemint, perhaps it will be the same, just the occasional fly by. BTW, did you know that SEOMoz just launched this week their “Inbound Community”? LOL, another one :)

9 bbrian017 February 12, 2012 at 5:42 pm

No I didn’t know that I will have to check it out, something you have to make time for that might be one of them. Thanks for the heads up bro!

10 Ryan Biddulph February 12, 2012 at 2:44 am

Hi DiTesco,

What a powerful list of resources here.

Like Brian, I am not sure if I can join any more networks at the time. Between article writing, blogging, FBing and tweeting, I am all set, and doing quite well now generating cash gifts.

But I can see the amazing power in the new networks. Great stuff as always.

Thanks for sharing with us DiTesco.

Ryan

11 DiTesco February 12, 2012 at 11:27 am

Hi Ryan. Thanks for stopping by. As I mentioned to Brian, I am also only really active on Twitter and Google Plus. FB, and others are just “fly by” visits. Importnat thing though is I have presence in most of the major ones :)

BTW, when you can send me an email. I need to ask you something about your program.

12 aishalal February 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm

hi, i think its one more site like pinerest, well i want to more about this site, how changes takes place as you says they are very choosy in sending invitation, lets see !!!!

13 alanc230 February 13, 2012 at 1:20 am

I’m just getting started with Pinterest. Hadn’t heard the name of Gentlemint before; it sounds intriguing. How does one go about getting an invitation?

14 Rizwan Sultan February 13, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Hi DieTesco,

I saw bloggers targeting too much for pinterest.I don’t understand what’s that I just request for waiting for signup but there is no action for my pending request.

15 Holly Hanna February 13, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I’m curious to see if Gentlemint takes off like Pinterest. Like others, when I first heard about Pinterest, I thought “oh not not another social network”! But after playing around with it, it is now one of my favorites. I think with all social media, you need to pick and choose the communities that you enjoy the most, quality over quantity.

Thanks for sharing my Pinterest post – appreciate it!

16 Dan Saunders February 20, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Gentlemint seems like a no-brainer to me. Pinterest’s demographic is 97% women, so a sharing website for manly content makes sense. In an interview, Glen Stansberry, the Co-Founder, says it’s not so much about being gender-focused as it is about being content type-focused: http://manpacks.com/blog/2012/02/pinterest-gentlemint-interview-glen-stansberry