Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. This weeks “top of the charts” list undoubtedly is all about Black Friday and Cyber Monday (shameless promotion). Actually, there are several reports out there that are saying that the “tradition” may be changing as most deals where up and running as early as Thursday, specially online. On the other hand, there are many Cyber Monday deals that already started, and many are offered all the way to the end of the month. Have you purchased anything yet? I’m going crazy (online), lol.
Anyway, one particular report that called my attention was that of TechCrunch, whose headline is self-explanatory.. Wow! Out of control?
On a different front, a recent study from recommend.ly suggests that business activity using FaceBook pages can also be dubbed as being a”Ghost Town”. With over 5.7 million Facebook Pages examined, recommend.ly found that 70 percent of the Pages it studied aren’t actively posting, with Pages in the Community, Company and Public Figure categories especially inactive. Marketingland.com, reports that there has been a lot of debate about whether Facebook is purposely making brand/business content less visible in fans’ News Feeds, in favor of paid content. What do you think about this?
Finally, for AdSense users, Google has yet released another new feature to filter ads. “Using the technology behind Google Image Search, you’ll now be able to upload an image file from your computer to search for related image ads; you can then review and take action on the returned ads.”
As usual, in no particular order:
- The 8 skills an SEO must possess
- 7 Link Quality Metrics That Matter
- 15 SEO Experts Shared Their Best Small Business SEO Tip
Content Marketing/Small Business Bites
- A Basic (yet essential) Pre & Post Content Launch Checklist (with guidelines)
- Article Marketers: Do You Know The Right Length For Well-Performing Articles?
- Five Rules to Create Great Content for Your Newsletter, Blog, and Social Media
- 5 Laws Bloggers Can Be Thankful For
- 7 Ways to Republish Old Blog Content
Social Web/Other Roundups and Cool Stuff
- Updated CommentLuv Plugin Increases Productivity for Bloggers
- YouTube Embed Tricks and Hacks
- How to Increase Traffic with Social Bookmarking Sites
Why You Might Want to Do SEO on Someone Else’s Site – Whiteboard Friday
This week, Rand discusses this theory and shares a few reasons why (along with examples of how) you should work SEO on someone else’s page to help yourself.
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.