Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great and productive week. Keyword targeting whether you like it or not is still a very important part of online marketing., The only difference from what it used to be is that it is now a bit different. Rand of Moz.com has recently released a video that covers the best practices for keyword targeting, and also clears up some common misconceptions about keyword density and cannibalization.
For long it has been said that we should only use the disavow tool if our site got penalized somehow. However,this week, Matt Cutts responded to a tweet from SugarRae and that may just shed a whole different meaning. Here’s what Google’s Webspam Chief said:
@sugarrae only thing I’d add is if it’s 1-2 links, may not be a big deal. The more it gets close to “lots,” the more worthwhile it may be.
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) March 13, 2014
And on SXSW Matt Cutts Google announced that they are soon going to release a “new generation of Panda”. Apparently, this next generation is aimed towards helping small businesses that may be impacted by the Panda algorithm previously. If that’s true, then it will be great for SMBs. If you want to know more, Ana Hoffman shared this post on G+.
And in case you have missed this one. Google just started their course on Google Analytics Academy. For those of you who are interested check it out. I totally recommend it and in case you are wondering if this is for you, just browse through the FAQs and decide for yourself.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- How to Use Google Suggest to Grow Your Long Tail Traffic
- 8 Secret Daily Habits from the World’s Best Content Marketers
- 16 Blogging Resources to Improve Your Blog
- Why Your Branded Content Shouldn’t Always Be About Your Brand
Social/Small Business Bites
- “Show Me The Money!” – This is How Bloggers Need to Make Money in 2014
- How SMBs Use Twitter: 15 Stats You Should Know
- Hashtag Marketing 101: Keyword Research in the Social Media Era
- These 7 Tips Will Supercharge Your Social Media Marketing
- How To Use Images On Twitter And Why
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!