Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. So what’s new? Hmmm, I am betting that FaceBook IPO is definitely an event that you have heard about. When the bells rang and Facebook’s shares were finally available for the public, there was probably not one major site that was not talking about it. While many felt somewhat disappointed with its performance, the truth is that Facebook’s IPO has broken lots of records and appears to have triggered some “confidence” with small investors. From what I gather, as much as 25% of the volume traded where purchased by small investors, perhaps hoping for quick gains. If you are amongst the 25%, just please be very careful.
But what’s next? Facebook is now public and will be held more accountable for its future results. Some speculate that Facebook will focus next on everything mobile, and may even launch an AdSense-like advertising program. There seems to be evidence pointing to that direction. Regardless, it will be very interesting to see what lies ahead. Should they decide to launch an ad revenue sharing program similar to that of Google, remains to be seen.
On a different forefront, Google Penguin is still quite a popular trend and articles about what to do to recover from the update are published nearly every day. Recently though, I stumbled upon a post that is way too long, about the things you probably don’t know about Penguin. While this is the case, I think that its worth the read, specially the last part, where it says, “what not to do”.
Finally, if you are interested in offering SEO Consulting or other related consulting services, Rand of SEOMoz.com really gives some great tips to get you started (see video below).
As usual in no particular order:
- What You Ought to Do If You’ve Been Punished by Google’s Penguin Update
- 17 Types of Link Spam to Avoid
- The Ultimate List of Reasons Why You Need Search Engine Optimization
- Google Search Just Got 1,000 Times Smarter
Content/Online Business Bites
- The Truth About Making Money While You Sleep(great post)
- Why Guest Bloggers Keep Trying to Prove I am Wrong!
- List of Guest Blogging Benefits You Should Be Aware Of
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- 20 Interesting Ways Colleges are Using Pinterest
- Top 5 Pinterest Blogs
- How to Use Facebook Apps to Improve Fan Engagement
- How To Change Your Facebook Fan Page Name [Updated For Large Pages!]
Around the Web [more roundups]
- Marketing Day: May 18, 2012 – MarketingLand
- Twitter Weekly Email Digests: This Week in Social Media
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Baboons in a Car
Ways to Win Customers and Influence Rankings – Whiteboard Friday
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.