Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great week. This week, chatter about Google preparing its algorithms to supposedly penalize sites that are overly optimized has continued. Rand Fishkin of SEOMoz, during his weekly whiteboard Friday session, gives some outstanding tips on how some few changes to your SEO can defend your site before the over-optimization penalty is rolled out. Watch the video, and see if there are some things that you may be doing, without knowing that it could actually result in a negative effect rather than positive. While there are some things that may “not be intentional”, they may still be considered as a negative signal to Google. You never know…
6 Changes Every SEO Should Make BEFORE the Over-Optimization Penalty Hits
On a side note, Apple’s SVP of Marketing, Phil Schiller, deleted his Instagram account because of Android. The reason why I wanted to share this with you, is because of the way this news broke out. Reportedly, a reader noticed that Schiller had deleted his Instagram account – which was “@schiller” – and then reached out to him via Twitter for confirmation. The reader, who was apparently not satisfied with the way Schiller replied (via DM), decided to send him an email. This report shows how the reader approached Apple’s SVP and includes copies of the “emails” between each other. And with that, it is likely that Schiller had to clarify his position unexpectedly. Anyway, I hope you understand what I am trying to relay here (hint on privacy). Do you think that this can happen to anyone?
As usual, in no particular order:
- Your Website Might Be Over Optimized If …
- Google’s Over-Optimization Penalty, How to Avoid It, and How to Fix It
- 5 Great, Easy to Use Tools for Infographics
- How Authorship (and Google+) Will Change Linkbuilding (see also: How To Setup Authorship The Easy Way)
Content/Online Business Bites
- How To Curate Content and Build Authority With Scoop.it
- 58 Ways to Create Persuasive Content Your Audience Will Love
- Lies Lies Lies: What Internet Marketers Must Learn From The Advertising Industry
- Five Ways to Turn Your Website into a Sales Machine
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- 6 Reasons Why you shouldn’t Use Pinterest for your Business
- Anontune: the new social music platform from ‘Anonymous’
- How to Set Up Your Profile In Google+
- Top 5 Tips to Protect Your Privacy from Facebook Timeline Apps
Around the Web [more roundups]
Does Google take manual action on webspam?
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.