Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great week and it is again time for that weekly roundup. Anyway, what’s happening? Well, one of those “happenings” I am sure you have been seeing around lately, are those mind boggling news regarding “employers” asking employees or prospective candidates, for their FaceBook passwords.
What’s up with that? I really am trying very hard to understand the reasoning behind all this.. Anyone of you could shed some light? Will help me a great deal to understand, why would an employer ask for your FaceBook password… Yeah, yeah.. They want to know if you have been behaving yourself, is one of them, right? There has got to be a joke somewhere I am missing… Anyway, has your employer asked for your FaceBook password, or any other account? If they did, FaceBook says don’t give it to them. Want to get rich? Record the conversation and sue them, lol.
On a side note, Google analytics announced yesterday about their newest update to measure your sites performance, dubbed Page Timings. According to Google, the updated Site Speed report distills all the key metrics into a quick & easy to read Overview report.
The Overview report provides an at-a-glance view of essential information for measuring your site’s page loading metrics: Avg. Page Load Time by Browser, Country/Territory, and Page. Plus you can compare your site’s average performance over time to forecast trends and view historical performance. All of these tools can help you identify where your pages may be underperforming and adjust so more visitors land on your site instead of waiting in frustration or leaving.
So, what does that tell you? That they are increasingly paying attention to your sites speed loading time. If there was any doubt as to this metric being an important factor for rankings, I guess that’s out of the way. Are you using WordPress? Here’s some useful tips on how to make your site load faster.
Last but not least, you know those moments that make Twitter so special? Twitter announced their own weekly roundup, using the hashtag #OnlyOnTwitter.
As usual, in no particular order.
- How to Craft an Exciting Marketing Message… Even for a Boring Product
- Google’s Upcoming Algorithm Change: “Overly-Optimized Sites”
- How to Actually Use Google Suggest Feature for Keyword Research and Beyond
- Does Bing like SEO? You bet your ahrefs we do…(direct from Bing’s blog)
Blogging/Online Business (tips and tools)
- The Marketer’s Guide to Blogging
- ClickBank: I Failed, So it Must Be a Scam
- What Google doesn’t show you: 31% of website traffic can harm your business
Social Web/Other Stuff
- 25 Social Media Tips Provided By 25 Creative Minds
- The One Thing You Must Do For Long Term Social Media Success
- Have a .com web address? Know the legal risks
- 18 More Creative Tips to Fire Up Your Facebook Page Cover Photo
- Free WordPress Theme For Mobile Devices
How much time should I spend on meta tags, and which ones matter?
Matt answers his own question. Pay attention…
BTW, if you are interested, you may want to participate on SEOMoz’s survey. Rand Fishkin is offering some real cool incentives, an iPad3, among other things. Go to Please Help: Take + Share the 2012 SEOmoz Industry Survey
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.