Home > SpeedLink Weekly > Skimlinks, Pinfographic, Scraped Content, Blogging, Speedlink 08:2012

Skimlinks, Pinfographic, Scraped Content, Blogging, Speedlink 08:2012

by DiTesco on February 25, 2012

speedlink 82012

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great week. So, by now you may be curious as to what exactly is “Pinfographic”. Well it is just a word I came out with that combines Pinterest with Infographic. Why? Don’t know about you, but after testing some of my pins this week, I noticed that “infographic” type pins are the ones that generate more traffic for my sites than anything else. Aside from all the advantages of using infographics to generate content, it appears that there is greater interest within the Pinterest community for these types of content. I will leave this “bit size” tip just for you to know.

On a side note, you may have heard about the whole hulahbahlooh of Pinterest using SkimLinks to make money. If you are into affiliate marketing, you may have (probably) paid more attention about the program itself rather than the “scandal” of Pinterest not disclosing to their users that they were using SkimLinks to generate income. Anyway, like VigLink, Skimlinks is quite an interesting concept and you may want to head over there to check it out.

Lastly, Matt’s video about scraped content is quite interesting. Content scrapers suck and instead of “fighting” them, why not turn the process in your favor? Tynt SEO is one of those great tools that you should be using, as not only it is free, it helps you get attribution from scrapers. Find out more about Tynt SEO on my latest article titled best SEO tools for 2012.

Blogging/Online Business (tips and tools)

Social Web/Other Stuff

Can you benefit from content scraped from your site?

33 Flares Google+ 6 Twitter 26 Facebook 1 StumbleUpon 0 33 Flares ×

Ann Scott

February 25, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I’ve just been reading over some of your posts regarding the use of Pinterest for marketing. I recently joined Pinterest at my daughter’s urging and have become addicted to it. I never thought to use it to promote my online business. Thanks for the great idea!

2 DiTesco February 28, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Hi Ann. Pinterest has many uses, one of them being for business purposes. Obviously, as with anything social, I recommend not overdoing it :)

3 Ana Hoffman February 25, 2012 at 8:08 pm

You know why I love your speedlinking posts, Fransisco?

Because you mention my blog…

Of course, there’s that, but also because I can afford to be lazy and wait for you to point me to the good posts.

So – thank you!

PS Would you like me to include your blog in my recent blog traffic post as a blog that does speedlinking posts?

4 DiTesco February 26, 2012 at 11:08 am

You know why I mention your blog Ana? It’s because you always give me some real good stuff that not I only learn a bit more every time, but also because it makes it easier for me.. haha.

About your PS… I would be a fool if I told you that I don’t want to. Of course.. thanks and have a great day :)

5 Ana Hoffman February 28, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Ask and you shall receive…

Don’t come running to me if people start begging you to include their posts. :)

Jane @ Blogging Tips

February 26, 2012 at 5:39 am

Hey Fran thanks for putting up the useful links in one place so I can easily go and read them :) Thanks for Matt’s video, as always!

7 DiTesco February 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Welcome Jane. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy reading those that interest you most and find them helpful. Thanks for stopping by

8 DiTesco February 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm

9 Ileane February 27, 2012 at 10:33 am

Hi DiTesco, I agree that Infographics seem to be extremely popular on Pinterest. I like the word you made up Pinfographic that’s brilliant! I’ve been meaning to check out the post about 20 days to an engaged Twitter following. Sounds interesting.

Thanks for another great speedlink and video from Matt.

10 DiTesco February 28, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Glad you liked the word I came up with. Not sure if I invented this one or not, but it just popped up :) Hope all is well with you and as usual, it is always a pleasure to see you here.

11 Liz February 27, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Useful tips as usual DiTesco,

It does make sense that infographic pins would generate more traffic because they’re informational in nature, not just geat photos.

Making money with Pinterest is a hot topic right now so these are great tips to keep up in the loop with what’s going on. Loving your Speedlinks :-)

Liz

12 DiTesco February 28, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Thanks Liz. I do agree with your point of view about infographics. They are informational in nature and perhaps this is one of the reasons they are more appealing to Pinterest users. Thanks for leaving your thoughts.

13 Jason M February 27, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I’ve noticed that when I started using Pinterest – if the image is “interesting” in any way I will get it re-pinned quite frequently.

Infographics seem to be a huge hit on Pinterest as I’ve started to see a lot of them!

Which of course means… I’ll have to create an infographic – share it and see how successful it is!

I like the new word btw – “Pinfographic” though um.. it might get confused with a similar word?

14 DiTesco February 28, 2012 at 3:15 pm

LOL, Jason. I know what you are thinking and it did cross my mind, haha. Maybe, it will generate more traffic as it certainly lights up the curiosity :) Thanks for stopping by and all the best

15 David February 27, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Hi Fran,

I was just ’bout to completely ignore all of the chatter about Pinterest, but thanks to your post I am forced to reconsider. This sounds like a powerful tool and I’m glad to see you and Ana talking about it. At least I know who the REAL power bloggers are. Thanks again.

16 DiTesco February 28, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Hi David. I agree with you that to a certain degree, another social network to be in is simply time consuming. Nonetheless, Pinterest is quite interesting and actually easier to use than other networks. If you can have those “creative juices” flowing, it might just be a great source for a lot of things :)

17 Ray February 28, 2012 at 7:54 am

I hadn’t heard of Tynt until now. Nice tip or idea anyway. It is an interesting concept worth a look. Their video clip makes it look appealing anyway. I’m not sure how much additional traffic I would see from it, but I guess you don’t know if you don’t try it.

The Matt Cutts video verifies what I often hear. Try to add links to your other posts so if you are scraped hopefully you will get a backlink from it and who knows maybe a little traffic too.

18 DiTesco February 28, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Hi Ray. Believe it or not, I just stumbled on Tynt recently and all thanks to Ana’s post on MySEOCommunity. I have been using it for the past coupple of weeks and I am lovin’ it. Let me know if you give it a try. I would really like to know what you think about it and if you can find some added benefits that I have missed.. All the best

19 Ching Ya February 29, 2012 at 12:16 am

Another great resource of blog posts to visit, DiTesco. Thanks to you, I’m using Pinterest to gather all the wonderful Infographics I found online, which previously I didn’t pay much attention to. Although there have been a lot of controversies about the copyright issues, let’s hope Pinterest will resolve them asap to convince users the reliability of their site for both traffic and visibility.

‘Successful scrappers/spammers’? That’s the first time I heard of such words (but they do exist). lol.. Anyway, I don’t like scrappers. A friend once told me I don’t have to worry about them, good to know that from Matt but still, I will continue to report them if I spotted them.

20 Ching Ya February 29, 2012 at 12:17 am

And again, huge thanks for adding my blog post too. You’re the best! :)

21 DiTesco February 29, 2012 at 11:25 am

Hi Ching. Yep, I am now starting to get into the “infographics” mode of things. Most of them are highly valuable and best of all, they educate, which is a win/win scenario. Pinterest is a great source for “hunting” infographics and I don’t think that copyright issues are a concern for those particular image as the “developers” of those infographics actually encourage everyone to share.. Obviously, other “photos” and stuff can be a bit tricky and I am sure that they will be able to figure it out soon.

As for the scrappers. Who does not hate them :) Fighting and reporting all of them is OK, but it is only when you know about it. That’s the good part of Tynt, it helps you pinpoint as much scrappers as possible..

22 Becca February 29, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Just recently i joined Pinterest, i enjoy looking all the pins. I got some ideas that i may apply. I have no idea that it can also help our site to increase traffic. thanks much!

Abhi Balani

February 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Hello DiTesco,

Pinfographic – haha… very good.

You might have got this comment many times, already, but still I want to say this – “I love your speedlink post” because there is so much to learn, to know.

Sandra E. Nolte

March 2, 2012 at 10:33 am

Hi DiTesco,

I have read some of your articles and indeed they are very helpful to me. To all the people who are in the online business I highly recommend to read DiTesco articles I know they will help you the way it helped me.

25 Shalu Sharma March 2, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Although I have not heard of Viglink and skimlinks, I must check it out. Skimlinks seems like they insert affiliate links into text. Seems like a good concept. Is anyone trying these two out?