Hi everyone, welcome to yet another SpeedLink and I hope you all had a fun and productive week. This week, we had some real great stuff out there and one of the main topics that generated a lot of “buzz” is the Face Off between Google and Bing. Blekko has anounced this week that they are banning from their search engines “content farms”, while Google accused Bing of “copying” its search results. To counter, Bing Chief Engineer is saying that the reason the web is “full of crap” is because of Google AdSense, hmm.
Last week, I have also given you a preview of the upcoming blogging contest being organized by FamousBloggers, ComLuv, MyBlogGuest and iBlogZone. In case you missed that out, here is the pre-announcement made by Andy of ComLuv. If you are interested in being a sponsor, just let me know :).
As usual, in no particular order.
Matt Cutts (this is about the Google vs Bing issue and other important subjects):
- Your Ultimate Anchor Text Tutorial – from Basic to Advanced
- SEO Stumbles To Avoid
- SEO 101: How to Optimize On-Site Videos
- 11 Controversial Ways to Become a Social Media Authority
- ‘Dating’ Site Imports 250,000 Facebook Profiles, Without Permission
- Marketing Small Businesses With Twitter
- 4 Ways to Inspire Others with Your Blog
- 29 Ways to Keep Me Coming Back to Your Blog Again and Again
- Is Good, Good Enough In Business?
- 10 Essential WordPress Plugins For The Smart Blogger
- 45+ Best WordPress Tips and Tutorials of January 2011
- Three Big Brand Building Ideas for Your Business
- Bring IT! How Much Should You Tell Your Readers About You?
Support: Let’s show these guys some Luv, shall we (RT, comment, you know, the whole shebang)
- 7 Tricks I Use to Get More For Le$$
- 5 Golden Rules of Money Management: A how-to guide for passing the financial torch
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.